Due to server upgrades, a number of SwannCloud cameras were unregistered from the server and would not reconnect on their own. You can rest assured that your previously recorded footage is intact on the cloud and their account is intact with the same username and password.
All you need to do to get back online is to re-register the camera. Follow the steps below:
- First, go into the home interface (this is the screen it goes to when you start the app) and tap the “Camera” button on the bottom.
- On the next screen, tap the camera where it says “Camera is Offline”.
- The app will pop up a dialogue that reads as below. Tap “Yes” to reconfigure wireless settings.
- Make sure “Wireless” is selected if your camera was originally connected to your WiFi, or “Wired” if it was wired to your network. Tap “Continue”.
- Make sure your phone is connected to the WiFi network you want the camera to connect to. The name of the network you’re connected to will pop up automatically. Enter the WiFi name’s passcode, and tap “Continue”.
- The app will indicate “Getting Camera Token” for a moment, then a QR code will pop on the screen. Hold it 4” to 10” in front of the camera, until the camera beeps twice. If your customer is using an ADS-466, the IR LEDs will blink twice instead of the camera beeping. When this happens, the camera is re-registered and ready to use again. Tap “Done”.