Comments Beta for commenting inside articles is now closed. Our new Community Support and discussion site is live at community.swann.com. Please post there if you have any questions about articles or require support for your Swann equipment.
A new firmware has been released for the NVRx-8000 and all related cameras. A number of improvements have been made.
Current Version 2017-11-15
- Stability improvements
- Remote connectivity refined
- Smart Search improvements
Previous Version 2017-08-02:
- Improved UID remote access responsiveness
- Added Smart Search area selection
Previous Version 2017-03-30:
- The admin password of the recorder will now be copied to all the cameras as well to improve security
- Activating a password reset on the recorder will now reset all attached camera passwords as well
- All camera substreams will be set to h.264 encoding by default (corrects black screen viewing/playback on the phone apps)
- General bug fixes and some specific errors with copying camera settings to other cameras
NVR Firmware download
Camera Firmware download
Open the recorder's main menu and go to Camera. The first page will be Camera - IP Camera.
At the top of the list on the very left, there will be a check box next to the column name, Camera No. Check the box to select all your cameras.
Select the Upgrade button at the bottom of the list. This will open the file search window. Select the USB stick if not already selected and then select the 'digicap_5.4.5_170323.dav' file (the camera firmware) from the list. Then click the Upgrade button at the bottom of the window to start.
Open the recorder's main menu and go to Maintenance > Upgrade.
In the Local section, select the 'digicap.dav' file (the recorder firmware) and then select the button at the bottom. DVR should then load the new firmware and reboot.
After reboot, you may be asked to create a new password.