Adding the DVR to the software
- Open HomeSafe View. Look for this icon.
- Under Control Panel, click Group Device Management.
- If this icon is not visible, go to Tool > Group Device Management at the top instead.
- If the computer you are using is on the same network where the DVR is, you can click on Add online device and you should see a similar window below:
- Select the DVR by clicking it then Add Selected Device.
- After doing so, type in a Device Name and the User Name and Password you set at the initial boot up of the DVR.
- If the computer is not on the same network, click on Add Device and you should see the window below.
- Enter the information needed. It should look something like this:
(You can click the triangle icon beside DefaultGroup to expand)
Viewing the cameras
- To view the cameras, we need to go to Main View. To do so, go back to Control Panel > Main View .
- Just click and drag DefaultGroup to the right to load all of the channels.
NOTE: if you are operating multiple DVRs and only want to load one DVR at a time, expand the DefaultGroup and only drag the required DVR