Comments Beta for commenting inside articles is now closed. Our new Community Support and discussion site is live at community.swann.com. Please post there if you have any questions about articles or require support for your Swann equipment.How to export recordings using SwannView Link software?
Choosing a download path
- Open SwannView Link software and click icon to Local Settings.
- Under General, click Browse for Download Path; otherwise, you can get the downloaded file under C:\DownloadFile by default and proceed to downloading recordings.
- Select the path you want to save recordings to.
- Click on OK then Save to apply all changes.
- Click on Playback and choose Remote Playback.
- Look for your DVR or NVR and click the camera icon to display all cameras.
- Choose the date you want to search from.
- Click and drag a camera to one of the 4 boxes to the left. It should look something like this: (Channel 1 was dragged to the upper left; ORANGE boxes shows there are recordings)
- Click the Save icon located at the upper-right corner of the channel window.
- On the download window that showed up, tick the checkbox of the recording you want to save.
- Click on Download once you’re done selecting file(s).
- Once downloading is finished, under Progress, it will show Finished.
- Click on icon then select Transcode.
- If you are using a DVR-1580/4550/4750, skip this step and proceed to How to play exported recordings.
- Select Add and locate the file you just exported.
- Click Browse and choose a path where you want to save the converted file.
- Click on Transcode and it will convert the 264 file to MP4.
- Proceed to the next step.
NOTE: the software used on this guide is v22.214.171.124 wherein downloaded recordings are converted automatically to MP4 format if you are using DVR-1580/4550/4750.
NOTE: Check this article to know how to play the recordings on your computer: How to play exported recordings on a computer?