Comments Beta for commenting inside articles is now closed. Our new Community Support and discussion site is live at community.swann.com. Please post there if you have any questions about articles or require support for your Swann equipment.
Connect the DVR to a router or modem
- Grab the Ethernet cable that came with the unit and connect one end to your DVR.
- Then connect the other end of the cable to your router or modem.
Installing SwannView Plus or iVMS to your computer
- Grab your computer (Windows or Mac) and install SwannView Plus. Click the link below for the download the latest version.
- Also, make sure your computer is connected to the same router or modem where the DVR is.
- Once everything is done, open the SwannView Plus or iVMS.
Getting the MAC Address
- Go to Device Management.
- If you cannot see this page, click on Tool > Device Management at the top instead.
- Click Show Online Devices.
- Select your DVR by clicking at it once.
- Check the software version of the DVR. If the unit has a firmware:
Resetting the password
- Go back to your DVR and pull up the login page again by accessing the MENU.
- Type the MAC address you got from the software using lowercase, no dash, and no colons.
- Click on OK once you’re done.
- The DVR will then reboot and display the Activation page.
- You are then required to enter a new password that you prefer. Please take note of the MAC address you got in case you need to reset the password again; and of course your new password too. Click on OK once you’re done.