How to configure the NHD-855 & NHD-856 camera for your 8000 Series NVR
Please note: Direct connection to your NVR is NOT SUPPORTED. The camera must be connected to your router for successful connection. A separate POE injector is also required to power the camera. You can purchase this from most computer and office supply stores (an additional Ethernet cable may also be required).
To configure the camera, please do the following on your NVR:
- Right-click the mouse, click “Menu” then click “Camera”.
- The camera will be listed in yellow. This indicates that your NVR is detecting the camera connected to your router. Write down the camera’s IP address as you will need this to add the camera.
- Click the checkbox to select the channel that you would like to add the camera to (in the example shown, channel D1 has been selected) then click the “Edit” button located next to the camera’s IP address.
- Change the following settings:
- Adding Method: Change this to “Manual”.
- IP Camera Address: Click the dialogue box and use the on-screen keyboard to enter the camera’s IP address.
- Protocol: Change this to “ONVIF”.
- Management Port: Port “80” will be selected automatically.
- Transfer Protocol: Leave the default “Auto” setting.
- User Name: Leave the default “admin” user name.
- Password: The default password is “admin”, click the dialogue box and use the on-screen keyboard to enter.
- When finished click the “OK” button.
- After a short moment, you will see a blue status icon indicating a successful connection. You may see “Risk Password” shown; ignore this message for now as you can use the Device Config Tool (available to download, search for “device config tool”) to change the camera’s default password. This will not affect normal operation.
- Click “Back” to exit. You will now see the camera displayed in Live View mode.