If you set up your Email Alerts and used Yahoo as your sender, you might have received a "Test Failed" message after you clicked on TEST. Assuming your network settings are correct, then the cause might be your Yahoo account.
When you enter your email account's credentials into your DVR/NVR, you are essentially using your email account server to relay the email on to the destination email inbox. Since the recorder is not a verified browser or app, the Yahoo server may block emails from the recorder from passing through. Here's how you can correct that:
- Open your browser on your computer and go to this link (mail.yahoo.com).
- Log in to your Yahoo account (one that you set as Sender Address on the DVR or NVR).
- Click this link and scroll to the very bottom look for Allow apps that use less secure sign in.
- Make sure this is Enabled.
- Perform the email test again and you should now receive the 'Test Succeeded' message.