To get specific help with troubleshooting or getting the best out of your AllSecure650™ system, check the full YouTube Playlist HERE
This page is for NVK-650 kit (NVW-650 recorder with NVW-600CMB cameras)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Question: My 600CMB camera's Wi-Fi drops out from time to time, what can I do about that?
Answer: The Allsecure system ships in what we call "AP" mode. This means that the 600CMB cameras use Wi-Fi to connect directly to the AllSecure Power Hub. When the camera is a long way from the Hub or there is too much interference then the signal may be too low for reliable video transmission. In this case we suggest you use the built in "Mesh" mode which allows the 600CMB cameras to connect back to the AllSecure Hub using your home Wi-Fi, or if you have it a Wi-Fi mesh system. We have a tutorial that shows how to do this here.
Question: Should I use Mesh or AP to connect my AllSecure camera(s)?
Answer: It depends on where the camera is located and what sort of surfaces or objects, and also the angle the signal may need to pass through surfaces. If the NVW-650 unit is much closer or has a straighter path to the NVW-600CMB camera, then leave it on AP mode (default). If the NVW-600CMB camera is much closer or the path is straighter to your WiFi router or a Mesh satellite, then use Mesh mode instead. You can even mix and match, with some cameras using AP and some on Mesh, check out the tutorial here for more information.
As you change to Mesh mode, check the wireless signal strength icon on the Live View screen as well and compare the signal strength between AP mode and Mesh mode. We suggest you aim for at least two bars of signal or greater so that the signal is reliable, then see which mode is better for that camera or location. Also note that simply changing the Wi-Fi channel can improve the signal dramatically if there are other Wi-Fi devices nearby using the same channel.
Question: Why is the live feed from the AllSecure cameras not continuous or stops showing up on the TV or monitor?
Answer: The NVW-600CMB cameras are all battery powered and to conserve battery power they must "sleep" if there is no motion activity. As such, they are not able to show live video feed non-stop. To start seeing a live feed on your TV or Screen, use the mouse and click the Play icon or button on the live view of a camera or click the Play All button on the bottom bar. You can of course "wake" them with the Swannsecurity App and watch them on your TV as well.
Question: How long does the battery last on the NVW-600CMB cameras?
Answer: This depends on the usage patterns and other environmental impacts as they can last from a few weeks to a few months depending on how you use them.
If the cameras are facing a busy street and get triggered all the time, then they will consume the battery power much faster. You have a number of options to be able to reduce triggers and get more accurate recording notifications by changing settings for Motion Detection and even set it to only activate on human detection. You can also add a Swann Solar Panel which keeps the battery topped up and can almost remove the need for any charging at all!
Question: Where can I check the camera's current battery % strength?
Answer: On the Live view screen, each camera will show a battery strength icon. It will show either a green color, yellow color, or a red color icon.
For more detailed battery level, access the Main Menu screen and go to Network. Then click the Wireless Camera tab and on the table, there is a Battery column that will show the battery percentage.
Question: Can I connect the AllSecure650 system to 5GHz WiFi?
Answer: No it does not use 5GHz Wi-Fi as since 2.4GHz Wi-Fi offers much longer operating range, the AllSecure650 and the NVW-600CMB cameras are only capable of connecting to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi frequency. Depending on the features or operation modes of your home router/Wi-Fi device, you may need to understand how it manages its 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs before you can connect the AllSecure650 unit wirelessly to your WiFi network.
Question: What is the max hard drive size I can use with the AllSecure650 system?
Answer: The AllSecure650 system is designed to be super efficient with recording and storage and as such will last for a very long time with the fitted HDD but supports up to 4TB hard drive(Surveillance-type hard drive). Due to its small chassis design, you can only use 2.5 inch size hard drives.
Manual and Quick Start Guide:
- AllSecure650™ Wire-Free HD Wireless NVR Security System User Manual (NVW-650)
- Wi-Fi Battery-Powered Security Camera (NVW-600CMB)
- Wizard Quick Start Guide - English, French Spanish | English, German, Italian
- Hardware Quick Start Guide
- Swann Security App Manuals
Video Guides and Tutorials
- What's in the box?
- AllSecure650 Wireless Security Kit - Hardware Setup
- Swann AllSecure Hardware Installation Guide
- Swann AllSecure Mesh Modes
- AllSecure Start up Wizard Guide
- AllSecure650 Wireless Security Kit - Software Wizard
- AllSecure650 Wireless Security Kit - Live View Settings
- AllSecure650 Wireless Security Kit - Camera & Light Settings
- AllSecure650 Wireless Security Kit - App Setup
- Swann AllSecure Motion Detection
- Swann AllSecure Password Access
- Swann AllSecure Password Reset
- Swann Security Password Reset (Windows)
- Password Reset for Swann Security Account
- Pair your Recorder on Swann Security app
- Playback and export recordings on Swann Security app on Android
- Playback and export recordings on Swann Security app on iOS
- How to playback recordings?
- Export recordings to a USB
- Setup Email Alerts on V8 NVW recorders
- Enable push notification on V8 NVW recorders
- Setup Cloud storage to V8 NVW recorders