NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-650, 800
NOTE: This guide is for the following cameras: SWIFI-CAM | SWIFI-ALERTCAM | SWIFI-SPOTCAM | SWIFI-FLOCAM2 | SWIFI-XTRCAM | SWIFI-BUDDY | SWIFI-FOURTIFY | SWIFI-TRACKCM | SWIFI-PTCAM2SWIFI-CORECAM | SWIFI-COREPRO | SWIFI-2KICAM | SWIFI-2KOCAM | SWIFI-4KFLOCAM | SWWHD-INDCAM | SWWHD-OUTCAM | SWWHD-FLOCAM
Camera- to let the app use the Camera in scanning the QR code; also needed to be enabled even if you will use Manual pairing
- Microphone- to let the person in front of the camera hear you when you speak
- Contacts - allows Secure+ Plan subscribers to contact/ call Technical Support from the app.
- Storage- to let you save footages (manual record or download a file) or snapshots to the phone and play them on the app as well
- During registration, it uses your phone's GPS to determine your current location to be entered in the Address field.
- During SWIFI camera setup, it uses the phone's Wi-Fi to determine the camera's access point and be able to set it up to the account.
Also during SS IP setup, it gets the current SSID of the phone for faster setup; if denied, you need to enter manually your network's Wi-Fi SSID then its password.