Depending on the type of camera or DVR kit you purchased, you may receive two different types of BNC "Bayonet Neill–Concelman" cables for the cameras. Our BNC or Coaxial cables are color coded based on the camera resolution it's used for.
|Purple - ULC Certified BNC cables for 4K cameras (e.g. PRO-4KMSB).
It can also be used on any cameras below 4K and Analog cameras with BNC connector.
Blue / Light Blue - for TVI and AHD cameras like the PRO-T855 and PRO-1080MSB or those that use pixels (e.g. 720p, 1080p) which determines their resolution (except SDI cameras).
How to properly connect
- Verify the supplied Swann BNC cable length provided for you cameras.
- Standard length of cable packed in the kit is 60ft / 18m.
- Longer cables are available to purchase via Swann website or resellers depending on your requirement - 100ft / 30m or 200ft / 60m.
- NOTE: Only Swann supplied cables are recommended to use. Any alteration or use of other brands is not advisable as they may or may not work under normal conditions and is not covered by our warranty.
- Connect the BNC cable properly to the DVR VIDEO IN ports by twisting to lock in.
- Connect the extension power cable to the power splitter.
- Note: If connecting one or add-on camera only, the extension power cable can be directly to connected to the power adapter (PSU).
- Connect the power splitter to the power adapter.
- Plug the PSU to the wall outlet or extension lead or power strip.