The power adapter of the DVR and the power adapter of PRO camera models are interchangeable as long as they have the same output rating of 12V / 2A.
How to swap
- Check the output rating of the camera PSU in volt (V) and ampere (A) or milliampere (mA).
- 2000mA = 2A
- Check the output rating of the DVR PSU.
- As long as both are 12V and within the range of 2A~4A, the PSUs can be swapped.
- Unplug the power adapter from the splitter and connect it to the DVR if it is 12V 2A~4A.
- Unplug the power adapter from the DVR and connect it to the power splitter if it is 12V 2A.
NOTE: If you have eight cameras, you can also swap the cameras' PSUs as long as both power adapters have the same output rating.
TIP: If performing the above troubleshooting for Video Loss issue, proceed with BNC extension cable swap or try the Power Adapter (PSU) swap troubleshooting if this guide did not fix the issue. You can also connect your BNC extension power cable directly to the power adapter to check if your extension cable is faulty or not.