If you are experiencing video loss with one of your NVR cameras, perform the following troubleshooting steps to identify whether the issue lies with the camera or the cable.
NOTE: If the camera that has video is already mounted, first unmount the camera for proper troubleshooting. Use a spare and working LAN cable if available.
How to test
- Connect the camera having Video Loss issue to a known working channel of your NVR.
- If using a spare LAN cable, first disconnect a known working channel from the back of your NVR and replace it with your spare LAN cable then connect the camera having Video Loss to the other end of the LAN cable as per image above.
- If a spare LAN cable is not available, use the other working channel instead. Unplug the functioning camera from the other end of the LAN cable and connect the camera experiencing "Video Loss".
- Check if the "Video Loss" error appears on the channel of that camera.
- If "Video Loss" appears, then the camera is faulty.
- If the unmounted camera works, then the LAN cable connected to the camera experiencing "Video Loss" is faulty.
TIP: If the above troubleshooting did not fix the issue, perform the ethernet (LAN) cable swap to further isolate the Video Loss problem.