This guide is to troubleshoot camera Video Loss issues if it is happening directly from the NVW-650 or NVW-800 system with a TV or monitor plugged into it.
- Showing Video Loss on the TV or monitor on one or all channels, but can see the taskbar and able to access the Main menu
If there is no video or live feed showing on the Swann Security app, but works fine from the TV or monitor, then troubleshoot the app or the mobile device. go to this TSG HERE.
If there is no video from the recorder, just a black screen, NOT seeing the Swann logo during boot up, NOT seeing the mouse cursor or the taskbar to access the Menu screen, then go to this TSG HERE.
- The customer must be onsite for troubleshooting
- NVW-650 or NVW-800 must be connected to a TV or monitor
- Bring at least one of the affected NVW-600CMB cameras indoors and place it next or close to the NVW-650 recorder for troubleshooting purposes. OPTIONAL: If you can have all the non-working 600CMB cameras inside or indoors, that is better.
Let's start troubleshooting
1. Power cycle (turn it off and on again) the NVW-650 unit and the NVW-600CMB cameras
- To power cycle the NVW-650 recorder, unplug the 12v power adapter and the battery. After 30 seconds, plug the power back and the battery
- To power cycle the 600CMB cameras, unplug the battery. after 30 seconds, plug the battery back in
2. Check if the 600CMB battery is charged
- If there are 2 or more 600CMB cameras that have issues, then test one camera at a time
- Swap batteries with a known working 600CMB camera or with the NVW-650
- Charge one battery to full and test it with the 600CMB camera
The battery LED will show RED if its charging.
The battery LED will show GREEN if its fully charged.
For customers who bought the NVW-800 (AllSecure600), use the supplied USB cable and charge the battery using a mobile phone/cellphone charger.
3. Pair (re-pair) the 600CMB cameras to the NVW-650 main unit
NOTE: brand new and out-of-the-box, these 600CMB cameras should already be paired to the NVW-650.
- Pairing instructions can also be found on the NVW-600CMB QSG, not on the NVW-650 manual
- On the Live View screen, click a channel to pair the camera to and then click the camera PAIR icon to start the pairing process
- On the 600CMB camera, press and hold down the PAIR button and wait until the IR LED is flashing fast. Then, release the button and the IR LED will flash slowly. This will indicate that the 600CMB camera is in pairing mode.
- This will now pair with the main NVW-650 unit. This may take several seconds for the pairing process to complete.
- If nothing happens after a few minutes, repeat the pairing process.
4. If the 600CMB cameras are still not showing any live feed on the TV or monitor, do a FULL factory reset on the NVW-650.
Go to Main Menu > Advanced > Maintain and click the Load Default button. Click All and then Save.
After the reset is complete, do the pairing process again.