- Your recorder is connected to your local network or internet.
- You have the latest version of the mobile app. Click here to find the latest version available.
Choosing the download path
1. Open the HomeSafe View desktop app select Control Panel.
2. Select System Configuration. Note: You can also open this setting by going to Systems > System Configuration at the top navigation menu.
3. Click the File menu on the left. Take note of the Saving Path of Video Files location and video file type.
- To select a different location, click the arrow down icon and navigate to a different directory. Click Choose to save.
- To select a different video format for exported clips, click the arrow down icon next to the Download Record Type option and select from one of the available formats.
4. Click Save when done.
1. Navigate to Control Panel > Remote Playback.
Note: If Control Panel is not available, click View > Control Panel at the top navigation menu.
2. Click the arrow next to your recorder's name to expand and see all the available channels. Select a channel to search.
3. Choose the Stream Type.
- Mainstream = clear quality but may take a while to load.
- Substream = lower quality but faster loading time.
4. Select the type of file you want to search. It's best to use All but the other options are below:
5. Set the date by choosing the month, year, and date that you want to search.
6. Click on Search.
7. Tap on one of the clips found to select and hit the Play button. The playback progress will be displayed on the timeline.
8. Once a video is playing, click an area on the timeline to select a specific time in the recording.
1. Click the Download icon.
2. Choose a file by clicking its check box at the left.
Note: Bigger files may take longer to download over the network.