NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-650, 800
For V8 recorders (DVR/NVR)
To know what software version your unit has as indicated in the Swann Security app.
- Go to Devices > select your device's name.
- Go to System Settings > About device.
- Check Software Version. Take note.
- Go to Support Center > search. Type the model + firmware to check for the latest firmware version of your model available.
- If the software version of your recorder is not updated, see How to do OTA update? If you have a computer but no internet connection for the recorder, you can update the firmware via USB. Please ensure you download the correct firmware file for your specific model number.
NOTE: This guide is for the following cameras: SWIFI-CAM | SWIFI-ALERTCAM | SWIFI-SPOTCAM | SWIFI-FLOCAM2 | SWIFI-XTRCAM | SWIFI-BUDDY | SWIFI-FOURTIFY | SWIFI-TRACKCM | SWIFI-PTCAM2SWIFI-CORECAM | SWIFI-COREPRO | SWIFI-2KICAM | SWIFI-2KOCAM | SWIFI-4KFLOCAM | SWWHD-INDCAM | SWWHD-OUTCAM | SWWHD-FLOCAM
For SWIFI cameras
You will receive a prompt in the Swann Security app to update your camera's software if it is not updated. Internet connection is required for the camera and your mobile device to check for firmware updates.