NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-650, 800
This guide is to show you how to do the following for the models above:
- Change number of cameras
- Change the layout
Change the number of cameras showing in Live View
- Right-click or move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen to see the Menu Bar.
- Choose from one of the following for your preferred view:
|If you have 2 to 4 cameras, choose to display as 4-camera view.|
|If you have 7 to 8 cameras, choose to display as 8-camera view. The 9th box will display the Swann logo only. This box cannot be customized nor disabled.|
Click this to select from one of the multi-screen viewing modes available.
For an 8-channel recorder, it will show 6-camera view and 8-camera view.
|Click this to repeatedly cycle through each video channel full-screen. Each
video channel will be displayed for five seconds.
Change the layout of the cameras in Live View
- Left-click a camera (e.g. Channel 1) & drag it to reposition it.
- Drop (release the left-click button after holding) over a different area or the desired box.
- Repeat for other cameras.
For example in the image below, Channel 1 was moved to 2nd position while Channel 2 was moved to 1st position.