NOTE: This guide is for the following cameras: SWIFI-CAM | SWIFI-ALERTCAM | SWIFI-SPOTCAM | SWIFI-FLOCAM2 | SWIFI-XTRCAM | SWIFI-BUDDY | SWIFI-FOURTIFY | SWIFI-TRACKCM | SWIFI-PTCAM2SWIFI-CORECAM | SWIFI-COREPRO | SWIFI-2KICAM | SWIFI-2KOCAM | SWIFI-4KFLOCAM | SWWHD-INDCAM | SWWHD-OUTCAM | SWWHD-FLOCAM
This guide applies to the exact error message "Failed to connect to device".
This error "Failed to connect to device" appears for one or more of the following reasons:
To resolve this error, you do NOT need to unpair the camera. Do the following steps in order:
1. Factory reset the camera to pairing mode
To set the camera to pairing mode, the camera needs to be factory reset. (This can only be done if you have physical access to the camera).
- Go to this link and choose the page associated with the model of your camera: How to hard reset your SWIFI camera. If you do not know the model of your camera, see How to get your Swann product model, P2P or UID, MAC address or ID, Serial Number (S/N), and Software/Firmware (FW) version?
- If the camera is rechargeable, ensure the camera has been charged for a number of hours before you begin.
- Perform the hard reset as instructed in the article.
- If you have factory reset the camera properly, the LED indicator should be slow blinking blue.
2. Manually connect to the camera's Hotspot or AP
You should get a different error if the hotspot is detected by the phone and Swann Security app. See below.
If you get the pop-up: "Internet may not be available",
If you have done all of the steps above thoroughly and in order but you still get the same error, contact Technical Support and provide ALL of the following information for assessment:
- Product Model: SWIFI- _____
- Swann Security account unique code or email address:
- Device ID or MAC address of the camera if you had unpaired the camera (do not unpair the camera). (How to get your Swann product model, P2P or UID, MAC address or ID, Serial Number (S/N), and Software/Firmware (FW) version?)
- Your phone's model number:
- Your phone's Android version: (How to get the Swann Security App version and your phone's operating system version numbers)
- Swann Security App version:
- Model of the router:
- Model of the extender (if any):
- SSID name of your router's WiFi: (password not needed)
- Download speed of your Wi-Fi (router or extender):
- Upload speed of your Wi-Fi (router or extender):
- If you have another router, provide the SSID name as well.
- ALL of the steps you performed in detail. A video of your camera in pairing mode and a screenshot of your phone's WiFi setting at the same time may help expedite the assessment.
4. If you get a different error, check our Support Center for the specific app error
Click on this link: Swann Security app errors