If your recorder is an NVR8-8580 and for some reason, it fails to update over-the-air (OTA) to the latest Software Version of V8.1.0-20220418, here are the things you can do.
To check what is your current firmware, access the NVR's Menu then go to System > Information and look for the Software Version.
For units that have a Software version prior to V7.1.0-20180723, check this article to first as we need the NVR to be at this firmware before we start: How to do OTA update? Proceed below once you have this firmware.
- Prepare a FAT32 flash drive or USB - it needs to be on FAT32 for it to be read; there is no need for an external HDD as the files are small.
- Download the firmware files HERE, extract the files, and save it to your flash drive.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable connected to the NVR then reboot.
- Insert the flash drive into your NVR.
- Access the Menu and go to Advanced > Maintain then click on Upgrade.
- Select a file:
- For NVRs with firmware version V7.1.0-20180723, choose this file: N4XXX_V190321V180620V180620V200829V180723V180724.sw and click OK.
- For NVRs with firmware version V7.1.0-20180724, choose this file: N42XX_V190321V180620V190808V190810V190810V190810V190718.sw and click OK.
- For NVRs with firmware version V8.1.0-20190810 or newer, you may now follow this article: NVR8-8580 USB Firmware Update
- A confirmation window will appear, click on OK again.
- NVR will start to update. Make sure not to unplug the USB or turn off the NVR while it is updating.
- Repeat steps 5 to 9 until you reach the latest firmware V8.1.0-20220418