NOTE: If you're unit's model number is NVR16-8580 (no suffix), follow this article instead: NVR16-8580 USB Firmware Updates
To check what is your current firmware, access the NVR's Menu then go to System > Information and look for the Software Version. For a NVR16-8580RN, the latest Software Version is v8.1.0-20211104
Before you try the following procedure, read this article first: How to do OTA update?
If you are unable to use the automatic update service to update the recorder, you can use the following procedure to update manually.
- Prepare a FAT32 flash drive or USB - it needs to be on FAT32 for it to be read; there is no need for an external HDD as the files are small.
- Download the firmware file HERE and save it to your flash drive.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable connected to the DVR then reboot.
- Insert the flash drive to your DVR.
- Access the Menu and go to Advanced > Maintain then click on Upgrade.
- Select the file: N7XXX_V211010V210726V211024V211104V211104V211104V211014V211010V211010.sw
and click OK.
- A confirmation window will appear, click on OK again.
- DVR will start to update. Make sure not to unplug the USB or turn off the DVR while it is updating.
NOTE2: If updating the firmware via Menu fails, use Swann Security VMS on a Windows computer. Follow Firmware update for OS 5 recorders via Swann Security VMS (Windows)