NOTE: If you're unit's model number is DVR8-4680 (no suffix), follow this article instead: DVR8-4680 USB Firmware Update
If you're unit's model number is DVR8-4680A, follow this article instead: DVR8-4680A USB Firmware Update
If you're unit's model number is DVR8-4680RN, follow this article instead: DVR8-4680RN USB Firmware Update
If you're unit's model number is DVR8-4680X, follow this article instead: DVR8-4680X USB Firmware Update
*Model number with suffix vs no suffix
To check what is your current firmware, access the DVR's Menu then go to System > Information and look for the Software Version. For DVR8-4680XN, the latest Software Version is v1.0.39-4680XNC8
Before you try the following procedure, read this article first: How to do OTA update?
If you are unable to use the automatic update service to update the recorder, you can use the following procedure to update manually.
Prepare the following:
- Computer with internet connection
- USB flash drive (preferably 32GB or below)
- Mouse and monitor connected to the DVR
Quick install steps
Download the correct image file:
- Prepare a FAT32 flash drive or USB - it needs to be on FAT32 for it to be read; there is no need for an external HDD as the files are small.
- Download the firmware file HERE and save it to your flash drive.
- Plugin the flash drive and mouse to any of the available USB ports of the DVR (front or back).
Apply the firmware to the recorder:
- Access the Menu and go to Advanced > Maintain then click on Update.
- Select the file you downloaded from "Step no. 2" and click OK.
- Tip: If the recorder is unable to read the copied files but the drive is properly recognized, click the Format option on this screen and copy the firmware file again.
- A confirmation window will appear, click on OK again.
- DVR will start to update. Make sure NOT to unplug the USB or turn off the DVR while it is updating.
- The DVR will reboot automatically to apply the new firmware. Do NOT power cycle the DVR manually.