NOTE: If you're unit's model number is DVR8-5680 (no suffix), follow this article instead: DVR8-5680 USB Firmware Update
If you're unit's model number is DVR8-5680A, follow this article instead: DVR8-5680A USB Firmware Update
If you're unit's model number is DVR8-5680RN, follow this article instead: DVR8-5680RN USB Firmware Update
To check what is your current firmware, access the DVR's Menu then go to System > Information and look for the Software Version. For a DVR8-5680X, the latest Software Version is v1.0.39-5680XC8
Before you try the following procedure, read this article first: How to do OTA update?
If you are unable to use the automatic update service to update the recorder, you can use the following procedure to update manually.
- Prepare a FAT32 flash drive or USB - it needs to be on FAT32 for it to be read; there is no need for an external HDD as the files are small.
- Download the firmware file HERE and save it to your flash drive.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable connected to the DVR then reboot.
- Insert the flash drive to your DVR.
- Access the Menu and go to Advanced > Maintain then click on Upgrade.
- Select the file: V1.0.39-5680XC8.bin and click OK.
- A confirmation window will appear, click on OK again.
- DVR will start to update. Make sure not to unplug the USB or turn off the DVR while it is updating.