READ THIS FIRST
- OS 5 NVRs are NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, and 8780RN with Software version starting with V8
- NVR must have the latest firmware. To check, visit How to do OTA update? first.
- Update one camera at a time to decrease the possibility of incomplete updates. Simply retry on the cameras that were incomplete and they should complete on the second attempt.
- Check the live feed after each update to confirm if the camera is still working. In the event that you noticed an issue, STOP updating the rest.
Prepare the following:
- Computer with internet connection
- USB flashdrive (preferably 32GB or below)
- Mouse and monitor connected to the NVR
Quick install steps
Download the correct image file:
- Download the firmware based on the camera's model number:
- NHD-865 (MSB or MSFB) or NHD-866MSD - click HERE to download
- NHD-885 (MSB or MSFB) or NHD-886MSD - click HERE to download
- NHD-887 (MSB or MSFB) or NHD-888MSD - click HERE to download
- NHD-900 (BE or DE) - click HERE to download
- NHD-900PT - click HERE to download
- NHD-1200 (BE or DE or D) - click HERE to download
- Copy the files to a (preferably clean) USB memory stick.
Apply the firmware to the cameras:
- Insert the USB memory stick into one of the recorder's USB ports.
- Open the menu on the recorder and proceed to Advanced > Maintain.
- In the Maintain tab, click on IP Cam Upgrade button.
- On the preparation screen, select the new firmware file (.sw) for each channel from the USB stick.
- Once firmware file is specified, choose a Channel where firmware will be applied, then click OK.
- When firmware update is completed, you will receive this prompt:
- Repeat this step with the old firmware file for any cameras that failed