Installing SwannView Link
- Using a computer (Windows or Mac) connect to the same router or modem where your camera is connected.
- Install SwannView Linksoftware.
- Once installed, open SwannView Link.
Adding the camera
Since the computer is on the same router or modem already, when you open SwannView Link the camera will be auto-detected, but the password will not be entered yet. You will see the error message below. Just click on OK.
Please follow the steps below to enter the password:
- Click the edit button located in the sidebar at the right.
- Change the password with the one you registered on the setup then click on OK.
Creating a Guest account
Once you’re done changing the password, the camera will automatically load and show you image.
To create a Guest account, complete the following steps:
- Click the settings icon located in the sidebar at the right.
- Click Add User which is in the User section.
- Fill in the fields depicted, using the guidelines below:
- User Type: Common User
- Username: <your preferred Guest username>
- Password: <your preferred Guest password>
- Confirm Password: <same password you just typed>
NOTE: You can tick Show Password for you to see what you have typed on Password and Confirm Password.
- Click on OK once you are done.
Now you can share your camera to others with limited access. What they can only do to the camera using Guest account are:
- Change the password of the Guest account
- Live View
If you want to know how to share your camera to others, check out How do I share my WHD-PTCAM?