NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-650, 800
For easy update experience, recorder must be connected to internet and do an over-the-air (OTA) update. Sample video is for NVRx-8580. Same procedure is applicable to any units listed above or with similar interface.
If you can't do OTA, proceed below.
Download the firmware
- Once you have the needed firmware for your unit, save it to your flash drive (do not put it in a folder; extract if it is on a ZIP folder).
- We recommend a flash drive capacity of 32GB or smaller.
- The file extension (type of file) should be or have .sw at the end.
- Insert the flash drive into your recorder.
- Access Menu and go to Advanced (left) then Maintain (top).
- Click on Update.
- A new window will open which shows the files in your flash drive. Select the firmware you downloaded then click on OK.
NOTE: Filename varies per model. Use the firmware sent to you if there's any.
- A confirmation window will appear, click on OK to continue.
- The update will begin; do not interrupt it until the recorder has completed the update.