NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-800
- Go and access the Menu then proceed to Display then Display Configuration.
- Change the VGA/HDMI Resolution– pick a resolution that matches the display they are using.
- For square monitors (usually VGA connection), these commonly accept 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratio – you can start by choosing 1024*768 and other higher resolution such as 1280*1024.
- For widescreen monitors (esp. TVs using HDMI connection), these commonly accept 16:9 aspect ratio – you should choose either 1280*720 (720p) or 1920*1080 (1080p).
- Click Apply – to save the settings.