NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-650, 800
NOTE2: If you don't have the software yet, read this article first to set it up:
Swann Security VMS access for V8 units
- Open Swann Security software and go to Remote Playback
- Expand the list – click the arrows at the left until you see the channels of the recorder
- Choose a camera – tick the checkbox beside a channel
- Pick a date – Choose a month, year, then date that you want to search. It will search for files right away but if not, click Search
- Click Play – this will play the very first video on the timeline. Sample image shows Pause because it is already playing
Pick a time – once a video is playing, click an area on the timeline below to select a specific time of the day
Select a channel – click a channel on the left or a Window at the right.
(CH2 is selected in this example)
- Click Download – click the Download button to see the files under the selected channel
- Choose a file (or multiple files) by clicking its check box at the left
- Click the Download button (icon is blue if not yet clicked) to start downloading
Download directory shows you where the file is saved.