NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-1590, 1600, 4575/4580/4590, 4780, 4980, NVR-7450
Connect the USB flash drive to the unit
Ensure that you use a USB memory stick or flash drive (not external HDD) that has a capacity of 32GB or lower.
Search for recordings
- Access MENU then proceed to Search then Events.
- Choose a channel - pick one from the dropdown list.
- Set the Type – ‘All’ is recommended so all types of recordings are visible (continuous or motion).
- Choose a Start and End time – the timeframe in which the recorder will search.
- Click Search.
- Choose a file - place a tick in the box (check) in the left column to choose a file. Selecting multiple files is possible.
Choose a Backup type - to ensure that the footage will be easily playable on a PC, choose MP4.
NOTE: Pay attention to the total footage size shown below and the capacity of the flash drive you are using.
Click on OK - by default, it will be saved on the root folder of the flash drive. You have the option to choose a specific folder if you prefer.
NOTE: Check this article for instructions on playing the recordings on a PC: How to play exported recordings on a computer?