NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-1500, 1525, 1550, 1575, 4300, 4350, 4500, 4900, 8075, 8050, HDR-8050, HDR8-8200, NVR-7000, 7090, 7095, 7200, 7250, 8000
- To download the app, go to your Playstore or App store and search for SwannView Plus.
- If for some reason you can’t search it, go to http://www.swann.com/us/apps
- Look for the SwannView Plus, then tap ‘For Android Devices’ or ‘For iOS devices’
- Open SwannView Plus once installation is done.
Changing stream settings
For smooth live streaming, it is highly suggested to set the substream’s bitrate to its lowest for the unit not to consume too much bandwidth and lessen intermittent connection if ever.
- Go to MENU > Record.
- Proceed to PARAMETERS > Substream.
- Pick a channel on Camera.
- Set the Video Quality to its lowest possible bitrate.
NOTE: lowest bitrate varies depending on the DVR or NVR.
- Click on Copy to replicate the settings to other channels.
- A window will pop up. Tick all checkbox to select all channels.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Apply to save the settings.
Getting network information
- Access the MENU and go to CONFIGURATION > Network > General.
- Check if Enable DHCP is checked. By default, it is checked meaning it is on DHCP.
- You can write the UID code for you to have your own copy in case you’re away from the unit.
Testing internet connection on the phone
- In case you skipped installing SwannView Plus app because you already have the app, we need to make sure that there is still internet connection on the phone.
- To do so, best if you can stream online videos like YouTube just to check your connectivity.
Adding the device and viewing it on the app
- Tap the 3-bar icon located at the top left.
- Tap the 3rd icon to go to Devices.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon at the upper right.
- Input the information it needs.
- Tap on the save iconat the top right.
- If you got any error message, try rebooting the DVR or NVR and your router or modem.
- Close the app and open it again.
- Tap on Start Live View to load the cameras
NOTE: To learn more about using the app, download a copy of the SwannView Plus Quickstart Guide.