NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : NVW-1080H, NVW-480, NVW-490, DVR-1000 (16channel),1250, 1260, 1425, 1450, 1580, 2555, 2900, 3000, 3200, 3250, 3260, 3425, 3450, 4000, 4100, 4150, 4200, 4400, 4550, 4600, 4750, 5000, HDR6-8000, HDR6-8100, HDR4-8200, NVR-7072, 7082, 7085, 7285, 7300, 7400
- To download the app, go to your Playstore or App store and search for SwannView Link.
- If for some reason you can’t search it, go to http://www.swann.com/us/apps
- Look for the SwannView Link, then tap ‘For Android Devices’ or ‘For iOS devices’.
- Open SwannView Link once installation is done.
Changing stream settings
For smooth live streaming, it is highly suggested to use Substream when playing the videos. We will also need to set the substream’s bitrate to its lowest for the unit not to consume too much bandwidth.
- Go to MENU then proceed to RECORD > Encode.
- Choose a channel on Camera No.
- Change the Encoding Parameters to Substream.
- Set the Max. BitRate(Kbps) to its lowest possible bitrate.
NOTE: lowest bitrate varies depending on the DVR or NVR.
- Click Copy Toto replicate the settings to all channels.
- A window will pop up. Select all boxes (make them white) to select all channels.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Apply to save the settings.
Getting network information
- Access the MENU and go to NETWORK > General.
- Make sure that Network Access is on DHCP.
- If it is not, choose DHCP then click on Apply.
- You can write the UID code to have your own copy in case you’re away from the unit.
Testing internet connection on the phone
- In case you skipped installing SwannView Link app because you already have the app, we need to make sure that there is still internet connection on the phone.
- To do so, best if you can stream online videos like YouTube just to check your connectivity.
Adding the device and viewing it on the app
|If your mobile device is connected to the same router or modem where your recorder is, then opening the SwannView Link app may show similar page like this image here which means the DVR or NVR was detected right away. If it did, please follow the steps below but if it is blank, please click HERE.|
Modify the Password
TIP: To learn more about using the app, download a copy of the SwannView Link Quickstart Guide.