Due to the potentially volatile nature of lithium batteries, extra care should be taken when charging the device as overheating could occur if improperly charged which could result in leakage, explosion, or fire. To ensure battery safety and reduce risk of injury or damage, please read the charging guidelines below carefully.
- Only use chargers marked:- Output: 5V, and 2.1A max current output or less. If you do not know the voltage and current of your charger, do not use it to charge your device. Do not use damaged cables or chargers, or charge when moisture is present as this could cause fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to the device or other property.
- Keep the device and its charger in a well-ventilated area when charging.
- Don’t charge the device near cooking surfaces or electrical heating equipment such as a microwave ovens, space heaters and similar devices.
- The device may get warm during charging. This is completely normal. If the device becomes hot to touch, smokes, or gives off an odor, stop charging immediately and contact Swann Support.
- Your device and battery are integrated. You cannot remove the battery from the device. Don’t disassemble, attempt to repair or deform the battery or dispose of the device in a fire.
- It is normal over time for battery life to gradually decrease with repeated charging, and for the battery to exhibit shorter runtime between charges or require more frequent or longer charging times.
- Make sure to charge the camera at least once every three months to maintain the battery in proper working order. If the battery is not used for an extended period of time, it may become impossible to charge it.