NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-800
To set your DVR or NVR with V8 firmware wirelessly using Swann USB Wi-Fi Antenna, you must do the following first:
- Firmware must be V8 - to check the firmware, access the Menu and proceed to System > Info. If it isn't, proceed here to get the latest firmware: How to do OTA update?
Disconnect the Ethernet cable - if you left this cable connected, it will only be using a wired connection and the Wi-Fi Antenna won't be detected or work properly.
Once done, proceed below.
Go to Menu then Network > Wi-Fi. If you do not see this tab, try the following in order:
- Close the Menu, wait for a couple of seconds then try again.
- Unplug the USB Wifi Antenna and plug it back in again. Make sure it's properly plugged in.
- Try another USB port and do the previous step. (If you are using a DVR, the USB ports at the front can't be used because are reversed.)
- Reboot the recorder then try step a and b.
Click Scan to see a list of available Wi-Fi. Select your Wi-Fi then click Save.
Below that, enter your Wi-Fi password. Click the 'eye' icon to see what you've typed. Once done, click Connect.
The recorder will connect to your Wi-Fi then you need to click OK. The Link Status will change to Connected. Click on Apply to save the settings.
NOTE: If the Wi-Fi dongle needs to be removed, click the “USB Wi-Fi” button on the Menu Bar (next to the date & time), then click “Safely remove USB Devices”. Remove the Wi-Fi dongle then click “OK”.