Push Notification is enabled by default when you use Swann Security. Due to many types of optimization on Android, here are some settings you need to enable in order to make this feature work as intended.
NOTE: The phone used to take screenshots is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra running Android 12. Phone settings may differ on other Android phones.
- Notification must be enabled - Select Modes (4th icon at the bottom), then tap the edit icon (bottom-right corner of a Mode icon) of the Mode you want notification to be enabled, and make sure Push notification is enabled (checkbox). Each devices has a checkbox to let you turn on/off notification per notification type per device. Make sure it has a check. Tap on Save.
- Disable Do Not Disturb - Select Notification (1st icon at the bottom), then tap the Notification tab (top) and make sure Do Not Disturb is set to OFF
NOTE: This only applies to 'your' phone. If you gave the account to another person, they will still get notification unless enable Do Not Disturb
- Address must be filled up - go to Menu then select Profile. The third information is for the address.
- Make sure Location permission is Allowed- still on App Info (tap and hold the Swann Security icon) then select Permission > Location and select Allow only while using the app
- Enable Allow Background Activity - still on App Info, select Battery and select Unrestricted