To check what is your current firmware, access the NVR's Menu then go to System > Information and look for the Software Version. For NVW-800, the latest software version is V8.1.0-20221128.
NOTE1: We strongly recommend performing the OTA update twice if your current firmware is V8.1.0-20220826 or older. The latest firmware requires a transition firmware to be installed first before the final firmware can be applied.
Follow this guide to proceed with the OTA update.
If you are unable to use the automatic update service to update the recorder, you can use the following procedure to update manually.
Prepare the following:
- Computer with internet connection
- USB flashdrive (preferably 32GB or below)
- Mouse and monitor connected to the NVR
Quick install steps
Download the correct image file:
- Prepare a FAT32 flash drive or USB - it needs to be on FAT32 for it to be read; there is no need for an external HDD as the files are small.
- Download the firmware file HERE and save it to your flash drive. Unzip the downloaded file by following this guide.
Insert the flash drive to the top USB port of the NVR while the mouse can be connected to the bottom USB port as shown in the diagram below:
The firmware zip file contains both the Transition and Final firmware.
Folder 1 - Transition Firmware
Folder 2 - Final Firmware
NOTE2: Following the guide below, install the Transition Firmware first (see above file). Once the system has rebooted, repeat the process to install Final Firmware (see above file).
- Access the Menu and go to Advanced > Maintain then click on Update.
- Select the file you downloaded from "Step no. 2" and click OK.
- Tip: If the recorder is unable to read the copied files but the drive is properly recognized, click the Format option on this screen and copy the firmware file again.
- A confirmation window will appear, click on OK again.
- NVR will start to update. Make sure NOT to unplug the USB or turn off the NVR while it is updating.
- The NVR will reboot automatically to apply the new firmware. Do NOT power cycle the NVR manually.
- To confirm if the Transition Firmware was successfully installed, navigate to Main Menu > System and under the Information tab, the Software Version should show V8.1.0-20221118.
- To confirm if the Final Firmware was successfully installed, navigate to Main Menu > System and under the Information tab, the Software Version should show V8.1.0-20221128.
TIP: If updating the firmware via Menu fails, use Swann Security VMS on a Windows computer. Follow Firmware update for OS 5 recorders via Swann Security VMS (Windows)