WARNING: Please DO NOT perform the firmware upgrade to V8.1.0-20220826 if your unit has 821 on the 9th to 11th digit of the Serial Number sticker as per image below to avoid bricking of your device!
New firmware version for the affected devices will be posted here once available.
To check what is your current firmware, access the NVR's Menu then go to System > Information and look for the Software Version. For NVW-800, the latest software version is V8.1.0-20220826.
Before you try the following procedure, read this article first: How to do OTA update?
If you are unable to use the automatic update service to update the recorder, you can use the following procedure to update manually.
Prepare the following:
- Computer with internet connection
- USB flash drive (preferably 32GB or below)
- Mouse and monitor connected to the NVR
Quick install steps
Download the correct image file:
- Prepare a FAT32 flash drive or USB - it needs to be on FAT32 for it to be read; there is no need for an external HDD as the files are small.
- Download the firmware file HERE and save it to your flash drive.
- Insert the flash drive to the top USB port of the NVR while the mouse can be connected to the bottom USB port as shown in the diagram below:
Apply the firmware to the recorder:
- Access the Menu and go to Advanced > Maintain then click on Update.
- Select the file you downloaded from "Step no. 2" and click OK.
- Tip: If the recorder is unable to read the copied files but the drive is properly recognized, click the Format option on this screen and copy the firmware file again.
- A confirmation window will appear, click on OK again.
- NVR will start to update. Make sure NOT to unplug the USB or turn off the NVR while it is updating.
- The NVR will reboot automatically to apply the new firmware. Do NOT power cycle the NVR manually.
NOTE: If updating the firmware via Menu fails, use Swann Security VMS on a Windows computer. Follow Firmware update for OS 5 recorders via Swann Security VMS (Windows)