Hello Swann Community!
Having a very frustrating problem with new Swann system.
Problem: My ethernet cables do not work with the camera, but the cables that came with the unit do.
1. I personally ran Cat5e cables throughout my house and have an ethernet tester which I confirmed cables were wired correctly. (4 pairs, 8 wires out to each RJ45 connector)
2. Cameras are all PoE (Power over Ethernet).
3. Cables that came with unit work.
4. The camera gets warm when I use the cables installed but does not turn on or send video.
5. My 8 wire cable is shorter than the cable than theirs.
6. Their cable has only 4 wires (2 orange in slots 1&2 - 2 Green in Slots 3&6)
I wired my house before walls were finished so it's not really an option to rewire house.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Please sign in to leave a comment.