- This guide applies to cameras for NVW-800, AllSecure 600 and AllSecure 650 only.
- NVW must have the latest firmware. To check, visit How to do OTA update? first.
- Update one camera at a time to decrease the possibility of incomplete updates. Simply retry on the cameras that were incomplete and they should complete on the second attempt.
- Check the live feed after each update to confirm if the camera is still working. In the event that you noticed an issue, STOP updating the rest.
- Installing the update may reset the camera settings and affect motion detection settings. Verify your camera settings after the update process and reconfigure as required.
Prepare the following:
- Computer with internet connection
- USB flashdrive (preferably 32GB or below)
- Mouse and monitor connected to the NVR
Quick install steps
Download the correct image file:
- Download the firmware based on the camera's model number (camera model can be found on the sticker of the camera body):
- Copy the files to a (preferably clean) USB memory stick.
Apply the firmware to the cameras:
- Insert the USB memory stick into one of the recorder's USB ports (Mouse / Backup).
- Open the menu on the recorder and proceed to Advanced > Maintain.
- In the Maintain tab, click on IP Cam Upgrade button.
- On the preparation screen, select the new firmware file (.sw) for each channel from the USB stick.
- Tip: If the recorder is unable to read the copied files but the drive is properly recognized, click the Format option on this screen and copy the firmware file again.
- Once firmware file is specified, choose a Channel where firmware will be applied, then click OK.
- When firmware update is completed, you will receive this prompt:
*Tip: For any cameras that failed, reboot the device and repeat the process to try again. If this does not help, re-apply the current firmware and try upgrading again or contact Swann Support for further assistance.