NOTE: This guide is for the following cameras: SWIFI-CAM | SWIFI-ALERTCAM | SWIFI-SPOTCAM | SWIFI-FLOCAM2 | SWIFI-XTRCAM | SWIFI-BUDDY | SWIFI-FOURTIFY | SWIFI-TRACKCM | SWIFI-PTCAM2SWIFI-CORECAM | SWIFI-COREPRO | SWIFI-2KICAM | SWIFI-2KOCAM | SWIFI-4KFLOCAM | SWWHD-INDCAM | SWWHD-OUTCAM | SWWHD-FLOCAM
If your Swann standalone camera is experiencing the below issues, then your unit may have a boot failure problem:
- LED is OFF.
To isolate, consider following the steps below
- Ensure the camera is ON. The following cameras have a switch or power button:
- SWIFI-CORECAM: Toggle the switch to ON.
- SWIFI-TRACKCM, SWIFI-BUDDY: Press the SET button once to turn it on.
Check the Output rating of the power adapter you are using to power your camera. The voltage must be the same (not lower, not higher) while Amperes can be the same or higher.
- Rechargeable: SWIFI-CAM, SWIFI-PRO, SWIFI-XTRCM, SWIFI-BUDDY, SWIFI-CORECAM: 5V USB adapter.
SWIFI-2KICAM: 5V 1.5A USB-C (adaptor and power cable)
SWIFI-PTCAM2, SWIFI-ALERTCAM, SWWHD-INDCAM: 5V 1A Micro USB (adaptor and power cable)
SWIFI-TRACKCM: 5V 2A Micro USB (adaptor & power cable)
SWIFI-OUTCAM: 12V 1A power adapter
SWIFI-SPOTCAM: 12V 2A power adapter
SWIFI-2K0CAM: 48V 0.35A power adapter
- Check if the wall outlet where the power adapter is plugged in has power.
Plug directly to a working wall outlet - to eliminate the possibility of faulty extension cable, power strip, or UPS.
Do not use a micro-USB to Type-C USB converter/adapter.
- Secure connection - ensure that the power plug is connected securely to the SWIFI camera and not loose.
If the NO power issue still persists (for cameras using 5V adapter), use a spare USB cable on the same adapter to check if the cable is faulty.
If you do not have a spare USB cable, test the cable on another device that it is compatible with (such as a smartphone or another camera).
- If you do not have a spare USB cable, test the cable on another device that it is compatible with (such as a smartphone or another camera).
If the NO power issue still persists for a working USB cable (in step 6), use a spare or different power adapter or USB adapter of the same output rating (from step 1).
- Warning: Do NOT use a higher voltage power adapter. (E.g. if your camera uses 5V, do not use 6V. Power supply damage from using a higher voltage can void the warranty.)
- Alternatively, you can test the power or USB adapter on a compatible device or camera to check if it's working. Ensure your device is compatible with the output rating.
- Note: The spare adapter can have higher Amperes but not lower. (E.g. If the power adapter is 5V 1.5A, you can use 5V 2A~5A). Do not continue to use the power adapter if the output rating's Amperes is lower. It will overheat and wear out the power adapter.
- For SWIFI-OUTCAM and SPOTCAM, check this article for the guide
For Rechargeable Cameras (SWIFI-CAM, SWIFI-PRO, SWIFI-XTRCM, SWIFI-BUDDY, SWIFI-CORECAM)
We recommend leaving the power adapter/charger in for 2-4 hours to see if the battery will hold charge.
- If the LED turns ON and shows solid blue, then it is charging.
- If the LED is ON when plugged into power but turns OFF when the charger is disconnected, the battery may be the cause. See Lithium Battery Charging Safety Information for reasons why the battery can stop charging over time.