NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-1500, 1525, 1550, 1575, 4300, 4350, 4500, 4900, 8075, 8050, HDR-8050, HDR8-8200, NVR-7000, 7090, 7095, 7200, 7250, 8000
Connect the DVR/NVR to a router or modem
- Grab the Ethernet cable that came with the unit and connect one end to your DVR/NVR.
- Then connect the other end of the cable to your router or modem.
Installing SwannView Plus or iVMS to your computer
- Grab your computer (Windows or Mac) and install SwannView Plus. Click the link below for the download the latest version.
- Also, make sure your computer is connected to the same router or modem where the DVR is.
- Once everything is done, open the SwannView Plus or iVMS.
Getting the MAC Address
- Go to Device Management.
- If you cannot see this page, click on Tool > Device Management at the top instead.
- Click Show Online Devices.
- Select your DVR/NVR by clicking at it once.
- Check the software version of the DVR. If the unit has a firmware:
Resetting the password
- Go back to your DVR/NVR and pull up the login page again by accessing the MENU.
- Type the MAC address you got from the software using lowercase, no dash, and no colons.
- Click on OK once you’re done.
- The DVR will then reboot and display the Activation page.
- You are then required to enter a new password that you prefer. Please take note of the MAC address you got in case you need to reset the password again; and of course your new password too. Click on OK once you’re done.
If this method didn't let you get your recorder's MAC address, consider trying this alternative method: