You will need a PC with a Micro SD card reader to complete this procedure.
Download a copy of the firmware here.
- Remove the Micro SD Card that came pre-inserted in the camera, and connect to a computer using a Micro SD Card adaptor.
- Format the card to clear any existing data.
WARNING: This will also delete your recordings, so be sure to back up any you wish to save before you format.
- Download the new firmware that Swann has provided, then extract the files from the zipped folder and save all files/folders to the root directory of the Micro SD Card.
The files as they should appear on the SD card
- Insert the Micro SD Card with new Firmware into camera.
Power on the camera and wait for the camera to boot, the camera will automatically start the upgrade process.
This should take around 2 minutes per camera. Whilst the firmware is updating, the LED on the front of the camera should flash Red.
- When the camera has completed its firmware upgrade, you will know it is done because the LED light on the front of the camera will blink a steady Blue instead of Red. A blinking Blue LED indicates the camera has entered pairing mode.
After the firmware has successfully upgraded, the card will automatically delete the firmware files from the SD card and allow it to be used for normal camera clips from then on.