NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-650, 800
Search for recordings
- From the Live feed, right-click then select the Menu icon and go to Search.
- At the top, make sure you are on Events
Choose a date you wanted to search by clicking the small calendar icon then select a date.
- Choose a File Type. (Best to leave everything checked)
- Choose a Stream Type. (Best to leave it on Mainstream to get the highest quality possible)
- Select a Channel by ticking the checkbox. Only channels WITH recording will show blue camera icon.
- To play a video, either:
- Click the PLAY button (to play the first file); OR
- Select a colored time shown on the timeline below (to play a recording on a specific time).
Note: If an event was not recorded or if the hard drive was formatted, Swann Technical Support has no means of retrieving such recordings as recordings are stored locally in your hard drive. See Why does my DVR / NVR / camera stop recording motion after a minute?