NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-650, 800
NOTE2: VGA is not an option to NVW units as it doesn't have any but you will still have the option to change resolution on the same path as shown in the image below
- Go and access the Menu then proceed to Display then Display Configuration.
- Change the VGA/HDMI Resolution– pick a resolution that matches the display they are using.
- For square monitors (usually VGA connection), these commonly accept 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratio – you can start by choosing 1024*768 and other higher resolution such as 1280*1024.
- For widescreen monitors (esp. TVs using HDMI connection), these commonly accept 16:9 aspect ratio – you should choose either 1280*720 (720p) or 1920*1080 (1080p).
- Click Apply – to save the settings.