NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-1500, 1525, 1550, 1575, 4300, 4350, 4500, 4900, 8075, 8050, HDR-8050, HDR8-8200, NVR-7000, 7090, 7095, 7200, 7250, 8000
Setup email information
Using the mouse connected to the NVR, right-click then go to MENU > Configuration .
- Go to NETWORK > Email.
- Decide on what email address you will use for the Sender.
- Depending on the Sender, put the rest of the information needed for the setup.
- Enable Server Authentication: should be checked
- Username: Sender's email address
- Password: Sender's password
- SMTP Server: (check with your email provider)
- SMTP Port: (check with your email provider)
- Enable SSL/TLS: should be checked
- Sender: (any name)
- Sender Address: Sender's email address
- Select Receivers: choose between Receiver 1 to 3
- Receiver: (any name)
- Recipient Address: (any email that will receive the alert)
- Enable Attached Picture: put a check if you want an attached image
- Interval: (choose from the available options)
- Click on Apply once you are done.
- Click Test and see if it will say 'Test Succeeded'.
- If it failed, double check with your Email provider if you have the right Encryption type, SMTP Port, and SMTP Server. Check as well if you have the correct email address and password by logging in using a phone or compute
Enabling Send Email per channel
Since setting up the email to the NVR is done and test email was successful, we now need to enable the feature to the channels we want to receive alerts from.
- Go back to MENU > Camera.
- Proceed to MOTION > Motion Detection.
- Choose the channel you want to configure.
- Make sure Enable Motion Detection is ticked.
- Set the area wanted to detect motions with.
- RED BOX means the NVR will sense motion on that area.
- NO BOX means the NVR won't sense motion on that area.
- Set the sensitivity that you prefer.
- Slide to the right to make it more sensitive.
- Slide to the left to make it less sensitive.
- Click the gear icon.
- On the Settings window, go to Linkage Action.
- Make sure to put a check on Send Email. Click on Apply to save the settings.
- Proceed to Arming Schedule.
- Set a schedule when the NVR will send alerts.
- Click on Apply then OK to save the settings.
- The image below shows that on Monday, it is set to send alerts the entire day if there is motion because the time is 00:00-24:00 (24hr format).
- Re-do the steps for other channels.