NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-1000 (16ch), 1250, 1260, 1425, 1450, 1580, 2555, 2900, 3000, 3200, 3250, 3260, 3425, 3450, 4000, 4100, 4150, 4200, 4400, 4550, 4600, 4750, 5000, HDR6-8000, HDR6-8100, HDR4-8200, NVR-7072, 7082, 7085, 7285, 7300, 7400
How to export recordings using SwannView Link software?
Choosing a download path
- Open SwannView Link software and click icon to Local Settings.
- Under General, click Browse for Download Path; otherwise, you can get the downloaded file under C:\DownloadFile by default and proceed to downloading recordings.
- Select the path you want to save recordings to.
- Click on OK then Save to apply all changes.
- Click on Playback and choose Remote Playback.
- Look for your DVR or NVR and click the camera icon to display all cameras.
- Choose the date you want to search from.
- Click and drag a camera to one of the 4 boxes to the left. It should look something like this:
- Click the Save icon located at the upper-right corner of the channel window.
- On the download window that showed up, tick the checkbox of the recording you want to save.
- Click on Download once you’re done selecting file(s).
- Once downloading is finished, under Progress, it will show Finished.
- Click on icon then select Transcode.
- If you are using a DVR-1580/4550/4750, skip this step and proceed to How to play exported recordings.
- Select Add and locate the file you just exported.
- Click Browse and choose a path where you want to save the converted file.
- Click on Transcode and it will convert the 264 file to MP4.
- Proceed to the next step.
NOTE: the software used on this guide is v22.214.171.124 wherein downloaded recordings are converted automatically to MP4 format if you are using DVR-1580/4550/4750.
NOTE: Check this article to know how to play the recordings on your computer: How to play exported recordings on a computer?