NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-4480G, 4480RN, 4480V, 4580G, 4580RN, 4580V, 4680, 4680RN, 4680A, 4680X, 4680XN, 4685, 4685RN, 4780V, 4980, 5580, 5580A, 5580G, 5580G2, 5580RN, 5580RU, 5680, 5680A, 5680RN, 5680X, 5680XN, NVR-8580, 8580RN, 8780, 8780RN, NVW-650, 800
If you want to receive notification when there's movement on your area, you need to enable some settings first on the unit and on your mobile device. Keep in mind that this feature requires a PIR-sensing camera (e.g. PRO-1080MSB)
To check if your recorder has V8 firmware, access its Menu then go to System > Information and look for the Software Version. If it starts with V8, you may proceed below.
Enable Push Notification of the recorder
- Go to Menu then Alarm > Detection.
- Make sure Mode is set to PIR and Motion. This only shows if the camera has PIR sensor; make sure you double check. Click Apply if you made any changes.
- Check the gear icon under Setup to also choose which area to detect motions from.
- Click Action (bottom left) to enable Push.
- Tick the box (check) under Push for channels that you want to receive notifications from.
- Click Save if you made any changes.
Enable Push Notification of Swann Security app
- Login to your Swann Security account where your recorder is paired.
- Select Notification at the bottom left (1st image) then the gear icon at the top right (2nd image).
NOTE: Check your phone's notification settings if you are still not able to receive any after all the settings you have enabled.