This article will guide you on how to install the latest firmware using the 87x Upgrade tool for the following Swann NHD IP cameras:
NOTE: After upgrading your NVR and camera firmware to the version mentioned in this article, the subsequent camera firmware update will be possible via NVR operating system.
- NHD-875(WLB) bullet camera
- NHD-875ER (with Enforcer lights version) bullet camera
- NHD-876(MSD) dome camera
- NHD-876DER (with Enforcer lights version) dome camera
IMPORTANT: You will need to connect a Windows PC or laptop via ethernet cable to one of the camera ports at the back of the NVR and use the 87x Upgrade Tool software to install the firmware update to the camera.
- Click below to download the 87xUpgradeTool software.
- Extract the file after downloaded.
- Click below to download the firmware file for your NHD camera. Choose the appropriate firmware for your region.
- For USA and Canada (NTSC)
- NHD-875WLB bullet camera. Click HERE
- NHD-875ER (with Enforcer lights version) bullet camera. Click HERE
- NHD-876MSD dome camera. Click HERE
- NHD-876DER (with Enforcer lights version) dome camera. Click HERE
For Australia, UK, and New Zealand (PAL)
- Extract the file (or files if you have multiple NHD 875/876 camera versions) after downloading. Unzip the downloaded file by following this guide.
- Locate the 87x Upgrade Tool_20210816 folder and run the 87xUpgradeTool software on your computer.
- The 87xUpgradeTool software should be able to detect the NHD-875/NHD-876 camera under the Camera List section. (If the camera does not show up there, then check the ethernet connection between the PC/laptop and the NVR camera port)
- Click the Browse button (icon above the Cancel button) and find the firmware “Disc image” file of your NHD camera.
- Select the Open button.
- Select the camera (or cameras) by placing a checkmark next to it and hit the Upgrade button to start the firmware update process.
- The firmware upgrade process takes a few minutes. During this time, the camera (or cameras) will stop showing live video feed.
- The camera will reboot after the update and then the update process is complete! Note that the Current firmware Version of the camera will show a different version number.