NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-1590, 1600, 4575/4580/4590, 4780, 4980, NVR-7450
NOTE: This guide is mainly for Windows computer but the concept is the same with Mac.
Choosing a download path
- Open HomeSafe View software - if you don't have the software yet, download it form the articles below:
- HomeSafe View for Windows
- HomeSafe View for Mac
- Click Control Panel.
- Select System Configuration.
- If there was no Control Panel available, just select System at the top then System Configuration.
- Choose File.
- Take note of the Saving Path of Video Files - you can also change the path by clicking the arrow next to it.
- Choose AVI - to assure that the file is playable on the computer, choose AVI under Download Record Type.
- Click Save - incase you changed some settings
- Close the window.
- Open HomeSafe View and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Remote Playback.
Choose a camera - checkbox will be checked.
Choose a Stream Type - Mainstream can give higher image quality but may take a while to load while Substream can load faster but with lesser image quality.
Choose a file type - you can leave it on All to show all recorded files.
Set a date - choose a month, year, then date that you want to search.
Click on Search.
Click Play - this will play the very first video on the timeline.
Pick a time - once a video is playing, click an area on the timeline below to select a specific time of the day.
- Click Download icon - once a video is playing, hover your mouse pointer on it then click the Download button at the bottom right.
Select a file - it will then show you a list of files for that day on the selected camera. Tick the checkbox beside a file.
- Click Download - this will start downloading the file.
NOTE: Check this article to know how to play the recordings on your computer: How to play exported recordings on a computer?
Article is closed for comments.