NOTE: This guide is for the following recorders : DVR-1590, 1600, 4575/4580/4590, 4780, 4980, NVR-7450
Adding the DVR to the software
- Open HomeSafe View. Look for this icon.
- Under Control Panel, click Group Device Management.
- If the computer you are using is on the same network where the DVR is, you can click on Add online device and you should see a similar window below:
- Select the DVR by clicking it then Add Selected Device.
- After doing so, type in a Device Name and the User Name and Password you set at the initial boot up of the DVR.
- If the computer is not on the same network, click on Add Device and you should see the window below.
- Enter the information needed. It should look something like this:
The DVR will now be listed at the left. Click on Import All to add all cameras to the right with the Group name of DefaultGroup. Should look something similar to this:
(You can click the triangle icon beside DefaultGroup to expand)
Viewing the cameras
- To view the cameras, we need to go to Main View. To do so, go back to Control Panel > Main View .
- Just click and drag DefaultGroup to the right to load all of the channels.
NOTE: if you are operating multiple DVRs and only want to load one DVR at a time, expand the DefaultGroup and only drag the required DVR