With this camera, you don’t need to do anything to switch on the motion triggering. What you need to do is to turn it on.
For you to have a good setup, please follow the steps below:
1. Switch on the camera
2. Once you can see the dashes on the screen, have a quick press on the Setup button
3. You should be able to see “Date” blinking on the left. This is the Date setup. For you to change the date, press the OK button once, then the first two digits are blinking, which is the month. Press the “UP” or “DOWN” key to change the value. Once it is done, then press “OK" button again to change the value of date. After finishing with date, then press “OK” button to go to the year settings.
4. After finished with the year and press the “OK” button, you can see the “TIME” is blinking in the middle of the screen. Press “OK” button once and you will be able to change the hour. Once finished with the hour, press “OK” and change the value on minute.
5. Once you have done with the time, press “OK” button and you can see 2 icons blinking at the left bottom corner. This is the option for you to capture video or picture. The far left one is capturing pictures and the second one is video. For you to choose, press “OK” button once, then the camera (far left icon) is blinking, which means you have chosen to capture picture. Otherwise, press the “DOWN” button to get the second icon blinking, which means it will capture video.
6. If you choose video capturing, then jump to step 8.
if you select Picture, then press the “OK” button and you will be able to see “1P3P”. This means when motion is triggered, it will take either 1 picture or 3 pictures. The blinking one is the one you have choosen (by default 1P is choosen and “1P” will be blinking).
If you choose video capturing, then jump to step 8.
7. Once finished that, then press “OK” button, you will see “LoHi”. This is the choice of Low Quality or High Quality images. Press the “UP” or “DOWN” key to choose the quailty up to your choice. Once oyu finish, press “OK” button.
8. Now, you will be able to see 4 digit numbers. These numbers are the delay time for the camera to re-start the motion triggering once motion is triggered. By default, it is set as “0005”. This means when motion is triggered, it will wait for 5 seconds for it to start the motion triggering again. The maximum you can set is 59 seconds. Once you finish with this step, press “OK” button”
9. Now, you can see a card icon blinking on the right bottom corner and also a number. The number is the total number of picture or videos the camera had taken and the blinking card icon is the SD card.
10. Once you press the “OK” button, then you can see the “FoNo” and the “No” is blinking by default. The “Fo” stands for FORMAT. If you want the format the SD Card, you need to press the “UP” key and the “Fo” will be blinking and then press “OK”. Otherwise, press “OK” when “No” is blanking and this will not format the SD Card.
11. If you choose “Fo”, then you will be prompted for “y n”. By default, “n” will be blinking. This is a confirmation of the SD Card format. Press the “UP” button for you to format the SD Card and “n” for NOT formatting the SD Card. To confirm, press “OK” button.
12. Once all had been done, then you will be back to the screen shows the number of pictures or videos the camera had taken and also the SD Card icon is blanking. Now, press the “Setup” button once to exit the setup mode and turn off the camera for about 10 seconds and turn it back on to start motion triggering.