If you your Swann recorder (DVR, NVR, NVW or wireless recorder) is experiencing the below issues, then your unit may have a boot failure problem:
- LEDs are OFF at the top or front of the DVR.
- LEDs are ON and the Swann loading page shows but reboots after.
To isolate, consider following the steps below
- Unplug some cables - if you have an Ethernet cable or cameras already connected, disconnect them for the meantime. Only leave the power plug and monitor connected.
- Secure connection - ensure that the power plug is connected securely to the recorder and not loose.
Note: Some of the older NVR PSUs use a larger Barrel plug.
- Turn on the recorder - some units may have power switch at the back. Ensure that it is switched ON.
- For DVR and NVW-800/AllSercure 650 units, if the NO power issue still persists, swap the camera PSU with the recorder to isolate problem. Check this article for the guide.
- Note: This is for testing purposes only. Do not continue to use the camera PSU if the output rating is less than 2A.
Note1: If the recorder remains turned Off, check if the wall outlet where the Power Adapter (PSU) is plugged in has power.
Note2: If the recorder turned On but seeing a black screen, consider checking if your monitor support the correct screen resolution by following this guide - Video Mode Not Supported or Signal Out of Range or No Signal.