Your DVR may have boot failure issue if any of the following happens:
- LEDs are OFF at the top or front of the DVR.
- LEDs are ON and Swann loading page shows but reboots after.
To isolate the issue, consider following the steps below:
- Plug to a wall outlet - to eliminate possiblity of faulty extension cable or UPS.
- Unplug some cables - if you have an Ethernet cable or cameras already connected, disconnect them for the meantime. Only leave the power plug and monitor connected.
- Secure connection - ensure that the power plug is connected properly to the DVR and not loose.
- Turn on the DVR - some units may have power switch at the back; ensure that is switched ON.
If you are done doing these steps and the issue remains, get the camera's power adapter and check its output rating.
- If it is similar, use it to power the DVR.
- If the result is the same, proceed below
- If it isn't, proceed below
Try to plug the adapter to a different outlet instead. Once the LEDs are ON and Swann loading page only showed once but still not getting the DVR's Menu interface, consider reading this article: